Chapter 8--"I'm Begging You Man, Do Something About Our Defense"

12-29-2017  Chapter 8--"I'm Begging You Man, Do Something About Our Defense"


An Open Letter To Coach Gundy,

Nice win last night, Coach. Three straight 10 win seasons, that's unparalleled success for us who are Cowboy fans.  I've been an OSU fan since I was 8. I went to my first game that year and watched Ernest Anderson run wild on North Texas.  I watched Leslie O'Neil, John Washington, Matt Monger, Mark Moore and Chris Rockins tear up Big 8 offenses, then I watched you, Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders and Hart Lee Dykes tear up  Big 8 defenses.  I can remember listening to the radio , hearing Barry Hanna carry a South Carolina defender into the endzone in the Gator Bowl and I remember watching Brent Parker dropping the TD in the endzone against the Sooners.  I still feel bad for him.  Then came the Big 12 era.  Wide open offenses and 'bend but don't break defenses'.  I remember shootouts and big wins  and I remember ass whooping's, but win or lose, I was, I am, and I will always be a Cowboy fan. 

Offensively our success  can rival anyone's.  Defensively coach, we aren't good.  I fully understand its a different game then it used to be.  Quick strike offenses just mean the defenses are back on the field before they can really catch their breath.  You are going to play 90+ plays most weeks and that wears you out.  I get all of that, but that doesn't change the fact that our defense this year and most years just aren't any good.  We have talent on that side of the ball. If we didn't nobody from the defense would be getting into the NFL but we see that they do.  So what's the problem?  Are they not developing?  Is it a scheme problem?  Are the coaches just not coaching them up? When you were named head coach I thought we hit a home run. I really cant imagine a better coach for us then you.  You've built us into a Big 12 contender more years then not, but for the love of God, please, do something about our defense.  If Coach Spencer needs help, get him help, If he needs to go then help him get another job somewhere. If the staff needs "reorganized" then please "reorganize" it. 

If being OSU biggest fan means yelling for , shedding tears, cussing till my voice is hoarse then I am the biggest Cowboys fan.  If being OSU's biggest fan means you could feel your heart stop when all of the good plays didn't end up being good plays. then I am OSU's biggest fan.  If continually taking crap from my Sooner fans because of who I root for then I am definitely the biggest Cowboy fan because some of my friends that are Gooner fans are assholes! When you score 52 points against OU you should expect to win the game. I greatly admire Bill Snyder but, when you score 40 points against his teams these days you should win the game.  The TCU game got away from us and you all nearly came back and won it anyway.  I've seen 1 conference championship in my lifetime that I can remember. (In 1976 I was 3 so I really didn't care then.)  I just want to see more conference championships, I want to see 1 national championship in my lifetime and to do that we have to have a defense to go along with our high powered offenses.   If I had Boones money, I would donate a ton of it to OSU to help build facilities or whatever, but I don't have those resources.  So I'll make a deal with you.   I can offer  a good steak and some rattlesnake hunting.  Well you can hunt them, I hate those son of a bitches. Come on out, I have tons of ideas on how to improve the defensive side of the ball.  LOL.  I'm just begging you, please do something about our defense. 

OSU Biggest Fan,


Doug Little


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 18--How Environmental Factors Affect The Human Race And The Animal World

Chapter 19--Happy Birthday America

Chapter 21--Find Your Smile, No Matter What You Are Doing